7 Dec 2009

To Ignore Or Not To Ignore

I am not being too serious about it or taking it too far. I am just trying to value having such a clear and very straightforward chance to decide who can or can not walk into my life.

People may use Facebook for many different purposes. For me, it's all about sharing my PRIVATE life. Maybe I am self-obsessed. But just think it's equally rude for people to be a peeping Tom, make themselves at home in my life but NEVER even try to say hi after I accepted their 'friend' request.

I know there is privacy setting and there is also a button called "delete" in friends list. Trust me, I think some people may have found themselves getting lost on their way to my home now (if they try to.) But there are still some peeping Toms who swear never going to talk to me hiding in my friends list.

This evening I saw a new friend request on my Facebook. It's not at all a stranger. But since I can count with a single hand about how many sincere "Happy birthday!" I have received from the person during the past recent years, I can only assume that this 'friend' will not have the time and the energy to leave a comment when he sees the five-year-old me in my red bikini.

Problems must be solved from the root. Therefore, this time, about my pompous friends list, I decided to take action at the very beginning rather than grumbling and trimming it later.

Sorry! ("Ignore" button clicked.)

2 comments:

GJM said...

I agree totally about FB. It's a voyeur's paradise... gossip and bitching and intrigue.

I have no problem deleting people who annoy me. It's funny because they usually send me a 'hey! why did you delete me email??'... about two months after they became ex-friends.

Such behaviour kinda vindicates my decisions.

PS - hope you are not gonna delete me, now...

Evelyn said...

Don't worry. Your judgement day will be after I leave the UK next year. And it will depend on what kind of food you take me to. (Try if you take me to any places that serve stinky tofu...) :P