19 Nov 2008

Love you anyway!

I can't recall the first English single or album I bought. But I surely remember who was the first one that exclusively won my heart and became my first love.

During my junior high, I almost got every single and album that Take That released. It was not easy while I was still a junior high school student who had very limited pocket money. But I still gave them all my heart.

When their new and final single, how deep is your love, released, they ignored my echo which tried to say my love for them was very deep, they still decided to split. (It's ok, Gary, Mark, Howard and Jason. I know it's all because of Robbie! Sorry, Robbie, but a trauma is a trauma. I guess that's the main reason I still don't like you even till now.)

After such a heartbreaking breakup, Boyzone was very very considerate and took good care of me. Then they became my new lover. I supported them not only mentally but physically. For that matter I mean I even went to their first and only gig in Taiwan so far. It was in Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall in 1998 and I bought the most expensive ticket which was NT2,000. Under their spell, in the gift shop before the gig started, I even bought a Boyzone hat which was obviously too big for me.

I must confess I am not loyal when it comes to music. I soon found someone else when I went to college. But they all absolutely have a place in my heart. Now Boyzone is on their tour to Taiwan to promote their new single, love you anyway, and gig next year. After spending the whole week without TV in Hsin-Chu, I finally found them in a Taiwanese entertaining program on Youtube. (http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=rKk3LcI0pRg&feature=related)


Although their new single may not cause my attention now, if it were not sung by them. Their dancing seems quite, well, "interesting" in their new music video. And I am also wondering if they can still be called BOYzone... But don't worry, Boyzone. Just like what I said. You will always have a place in my heart. I will love you anyway!!!



No comments: